PLEASE SCROLL ALL THE WAY THROUGH THIS AND TYPE AGREE AT THE BOTTOM, ONLY IF YOU INTEND TO PARTICIPATE.
HOW TO SIGN UP: Please sign up by emailing me at email@example.com with RR2017 in the subject line, your name, address, phone number, and email. When the swap is filled, then I will PM everyone along with a list. You will be always sending to the same person until finished. The list will be posted after the swap closes.
SIGN UP DEADLINE: February 28, 2017
SEND OUT DATE FOR CENTER BLOCKS: March 15, 2017
WHAT IS A ROUND ROBIN? A round robin is usually a 12 inch block that is sent to a set number of people who then take turns adding borders to the block. It is then sent back to the owner as a finished top. This is a chance to be creative by using different techniques, such as borders, blocks, appliqué, etc.
DUE DATE FOR BORDERS: To be announced after we have at least 5-7 signups. From there on, quilt tops will be due on the first of the month and you will have two (2) months to complete your round. Hopefully, the tops will be finished within a year but do understand that things do happen that can delay it. When you finish your center block, please post a picture as we love to share and also for insurance reasons in case of problems.
1. Each quilt top should start with a 12.5 square block. It can be any style or color you would like, it’s your choice. Please include scraps and a vision of what you want to see your top become. Please include a journal for others to write in as it is fun to see where it has traveled and its transformation. Please post photos as we go along.
2. It is up to the person receiving the top to decide on an appropriate border to go around the center block. Please make sure that it complements the colors the maker has chosen and styles that will match. There will be as many rounds as there are players so that everyone has a chance to create.
3. When sending the quilt top along, please make sure that it is INSURED AND THAT THERE IS TRACKING ON THE PACKAGE, as we don’t want anything to happen to our creations. Also make sure it is Flat rate shipping. Please send on the first of the month. MAKE SURE THAT YOU POST TO THE GROUP YOUR TRACKING NUMBER, YOUR NAME, WHO IT WAS SENT TO, AND DATE SENT.
4. If you find that you are having problems keeping up with the rounds, please let me know so that we can help you keep up. If we do have problems, the date can be pushed back to help, but you have to let me know ASAP! Remember, we cannot help you unless you ask for help. IF YOU BACK OUT OR DROP OUT AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SWAP, OR DO NOT RESPOND WHEN CONTACTED AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS, AND WITHOUT LETTING ME OR ANYONE ELSE KNOW, YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM SWAPPING!
5. Please keep pets and smoking to a minimum as we do have members that have allergies. Use only good quality cotton and your best sewing techniques. Be creative and have fun with the quilt but make sure that it complements the quilt.
Thank you for playing along!
Hello and welcome to my website. My name is Donna. My hubby is retired and I am still working from home. I have twin daughters and am blessed with 4 grandchildren. We are owned by 4 cats that love to supervise and are very nosy.
I have been quilting since 1996. In addition to making quilts for my family and friends, I also make charity quilts for Marjoree Mason Center and Valley Children's Hospital.
Marjoree Mason Center is a local organization here that helps and supports battered and abused women and children get out of abusive relationships. Every Christmas I make several baby quilts for the women, along with a small stuffed animal.
Valley Children's Hospital is a new venture for me that just started this year. Every month or so I drop off a couple of quilts along with a small toy, for the children. I use a lot of bright, fun fabrics to help cheer them up.
I do special order quilts but please be advised in advance as I work full-time in addition to quilting, I only do a few during the year. Also, it may take up to 6 months to a year to completely finish a quilt as my sewing time is limited. I only do applique or patchwork and will incorporate machine embroidery into my patterns, when requested.
Thank you for visiting and I hope to see you and friends again soon.