This is where you will find GENERAL guidelines on the swaps I will be hosting. Please be courteous to everyone and make sure that all of your fabric is of good quality. I will NOT request that the selvage edge of your fabrics be sent to me UNLESS we get poor quality.
I have done several swaps over the course of the past several years and I have yet to have anything lost in the mail to or from me. The following guidelines are the things that I have found to be the easiest for me and you when swapping ‘squishies’, BUT if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. I have a special e-mail for my swaps: SwapwithSharon @ hotmail.com (please remove the spaces) for all communications regarding any of my swaps.
Close/Send/Return Date: Please be courteous to everyone in the swap. When we sign up for swaps we either pick the appropriate fabric from our stash or make a special trip to our favorite fabric store. If someone doesn’t fulfill their swap it means some of us will get our own fabrics back. We swap to get lots of different samples of fabric to add variety to our ‘stash’. We don’t WANT our own fabrics back because we already HAVE that fabric… So please, please, please if ANYTHING happens that you can NOT fulfill your swap NOTIFY me ASAP so other arrangements can be made. Also, don’t hold up the swaps with sending late. I have the dates set so we can go from one to the other without mixing. Again, if you have a problem e-mail me. My special e-mail address for ALL of my swaps is:
SwapwithSharon @ hotmail.com (without the spaces).
Shipping to and from: The least expensive way that I have found to send our ‘squishies’ back and forth is in Flat Rate envelopes (FRE) or Flate Rate boxes (FRB). Here is the current (Dec. 2011) rates from USPS.com (these prices are subject to change by the post office):
FRE: $4.95 ($4.75 online)
FRE (padded): $4.95
FRE (legal): $4.95
FRB (sm): $5.20 ($5.00 online)
FRB (med): $10.95 ($10.50 online)
FRB (lg): $14.95 ($14.20 online)
I will ALWAYS send back using FRE/FRB. Each swap will have the FRE/FRB size required for return. This will keep cost down for you and make it easier for me. I have a supply of these FRE & FRB, so you do NOT need to send them to me.
Cost of ‘Delivery Confirmation’:
No cost to you IF I print the labels from USPS (this means I will need well concealed (at your own risk), check or PayPal, BUT if you send stamp for FRE/FRB it will be $0.70 extra.
Basic information for all swaps:
1) good quality
2) 100% cotton
Package to me:
1) package individual components in small baggie
2) write your real name and forum name on or in small baggie–some people use the sticky kind of return labels and add their forum name. I made my labels on the computer to put inside each baggie.
3) place small baggies inside large baggie. This keeps all of the little baggies together and dry if the package gets wet or tears open.
4) write MY address on inside large baggie. This makes sure that if the outside label gets destroyed the contents will still be delivered to me.
5) make sure shipping bag or box won’t split at seams.
6) send returned postage amount by well concealed cash (at your own risk), check, Money Order (MO) or stamp. I will take PayPal, BUT you will have to include the fees associated with this type of payment.
7) Make sure your FULL name and ADDRESS is there somewhere for the return trip.
8) International members accepted. Please e-mail me PRIOR to signing up for any of my swaps.
Package back to you:
I will ALWAYS ship back to you by FRE/FRB. Each swap will have the SMALLEST FRE/FRB size listed so you will know the return cost up front.
1) I will use online labels IF check, MO, well hidden cash (send at your own risk) or PayPal (if costs are included, e-mail me BEFORE sending) is sent to me.
Thanks for checking this information BEFORE signing up and let me know that you have read and understood these guidelines. If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at SwapwithSharon @ hotmail.com
Sharon V. AKA CoyoteQuilts
These rules may change as time goes on, so please re-read periodically….